grub-devel

Re: install-sh and docs/mdate-sh

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: install-sh and docs/mdate-sh
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:17:38 -0400

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 16:06 +0200, Felix Zielcke wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2009, 15:57 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:
> > Is there any reason why we have install-sh and docs/mdate-sh?
> > We don't use them anywhere and they're shipped with automake, which
> > Okuji doestn't like anyway IIRC

We can still use rules in the build system similar to those that
Automake would generate.

> Oh I didn't notice configure even checks for install-sh.
> But what about mdate-sh?

mdate-sh was copied from gnulib together with texinfo.tex.  It looks
like the build system doesn't handle the documentation yet.  It would be
more useful to implement building of the documentation and then check is
mdate-sh is still unused.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin