grub-devel

[FreeBSD] mounting root with rw

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [FreeBSD] mounting root with rw
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:55:35 +0200

Hi all,

The current version of /etc/grub.d/10_freebsd tries to mount the root
file system rw via this option:

|       set FreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom.options=rw

However this option is useless as the kernel explicitly remove this
option for the root file system (sys/kern/vfs_mount.c)

|       if( strcmp(name, "rw") == 0 ||
|            strcmp(name, "noro") == 0) {
|               /*
|                * The first time we mount the root file system,
|                * we need to mount 'ro', so We need to ignore
|                * 'rw' and 'noro' mount options.
|                */
|                continue;
|        }

So it looks like this option is useless (but do not hurt). Can someone
confirm that?

Thanks,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net