grub-devel

Re: [Bug Report] loadenv module

From: Yves Blusseau
Subject: Re: [Bug Report] loadenv module
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:03:53 +0200

Hi,

i have compiled the current version of grub2 under OSX. I have an error when using the loadenv module: I don't have any grub.cfg file. When i was at the prompt i do a save_env timeout and grub return me an "out of partition" error.

I have created a newly grubenv with grub-editenv command before the test.

I have check under qemu and OSX: same error. I was using a GPT drive and the grubenv file is in a hfsplus partition.

If i set a value with grub-editenv and try to load it from grub with the load_env command, all is working well and the variable is import in the environement.

Another usefull information, the problem came from loadenv module compiled on OSX because if i take only the loadenv.mod compiled on linux it's work.

Regards,
Yves Blusseau