grub-devel

Osprober lua script problems when setting root

From: adrian15 adrian15
Subject: Osprober lua script problems when setting root
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:11:09 +0200

Hi Grub-devel,

     I have built a custom grub2-based cdrom (I am using grub2 from
debian unstable) that uses osdetect.lua which I have fetched from
phcoder git two or  three days ago.
I have an Ubuntu 9.04 installation in my Virtualbox test machine.
After running the AUTO MAGIC BOOT which actually sources
$prefix/osdetect.lua I get an entry called:
Linux 2.6.28-11-generic.

Its content is:
set root = hd0,1
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-11-generic root=UUID= ro
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.28-11-generic

When booting the entry I get:  error: not an assignment.

The first bug is that error message seems not meaningful to me.
The second bug is that it seems that the set root line should not have
spaces around the equals sign.
So it should have produced: set root=hd0,1.

Or is it maybe that Debian's grub2 is not updated enough to allow
spaces around the equals sign and svn version it is?

Thank you for you attention.

phcoder, whenever the bug is fixed can you please send me a download
url for the updated file? Thank you.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk.