grub-devel

Re: Patch to compile boot.img properly on OSX

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Patch to compile boot.img properly on OSX
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:55:08 -0400

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 02:24 -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > Since Yves is interested perhaps he could do the "dirty job" of
> > applying repetitive fixes and testing different images? And submit a
> > patch then?
>
> Fine with me.

I have fixed the *.img files other than kernel.img, but there is still a
lot of APPLE_CC in other *.S files, so there is enough work for everyone
interested.

Fixings lnxboot.S wasn't exactly trivial.

By the way, it should be possible to remove -static from
TARGET_IMG_CFLAGS if some data labels in lnxboot.S are also marked
local.  That's a good thing since my Darwin cross-compiler fails
silently with -static trying to link kernel.exec.  But I'd like to
understand it better first.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin