grub-devel

Re: 2273 lines in 170 files consists of only space and tabulators

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: 2273 lines in 170 files consists of only space and tabulators
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 15:54:03 +0200

Am Samstag, den 01.08.2009, 06:05 -0400 schrieb Alfred M. Szmidt:
> Uhm I thought this wasn't needed because the actual code didn't
>    change.  But okay GCS talks about all changes made to source files
>    so you're probable right.
>
> Usually, such changes do not need to be mentioned in the ChangeLog,
> since they do not change the behaviour of anything.  The same goes for
> any formating changes, and comment fixes.

Pavel once told me about 6.8.3 in GCS which says:

When you change just comments or doc strings, it is enough to write an
entry for the file, without mentioning the functions. Just “Doc fixes”
is enough for the change log

So at least comment changes should be documented.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer