grub-devel

Re: Should the website still say that GRUB 2 is currently under developm

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: Should the website still say that GRUB 2 is currently under development?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:18:58 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 30.07.2009, 11:45 -0400 schrieb Pavel Roskin:
> On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 15:05 +0200, adrian15 wrote:
> > Felix Zielcke escribió:
> > > I think the currently under development part can be now removed.
> > > Or would it be better to wait for the 1.97 release? (which hopefully
> > > comes before December)
> > That would be nice because Debian freezes at December.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with being "under development".  I hope that
> GRUB 2 will be under development even after the 1.97.  I don't see how
> Debian can have any problem with that.

Well to me it just sounds that isn't at all usable for an average user
and not that it's actively developed.
IIRC Colin Watson from the debian-installer team even told me this when
I asked first about changing the grub2 instead of grub-legacy template
in grub-installer. That says still that grub2 is experimental software.
But okay if we want to keep it and d-i team refuses to change that just
because of that part in the grub2 website, then I just accept that.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer