grub-devel

Re: [BUGFIX] Don't use DT_DIR: It doesn't work on non-ext* filesystems

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: [BUGFIX] Don't use DT_DIR: It doesn't work on non-ext* filesystems
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:49:19 -0400

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 23:02 +0200, Christian Franke wrote:

> A correct performance-aware solution would look like:
>
> #ifdef DT_DIR
>   if (de->d_type == DT_DIR)
>     info.dir = 1;
>   else if (de->type == DT_FILE)

There in no DT_FILE in glibc, but there is DT_REG.  DT_UNKNOWN is
present.  Perhaps the above line should be

else if (de->type != DT_UNKNOWN)

We only care if it's a directory or not.  All other objects can be
treated like files.

I'm fine either way, whether we fix the "high-performance" code or
remove it, as long as we don't have to add more checks.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin