grub-devel

Re: [RFC] New menu design based on MVC

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [RFC] New menu design based on MVC
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:25:55 +0200

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 06:50:55AM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> > Isn't Colin already working on a redesign of the menu?
>
> Yes, but I haven't drastically changed the design of the core menu system

In general, I'm not happy with this kind of drastical changes specially at
this time.  We're supposed to be replacing GRUB Legacy with GRUB 2, *that*
is the reason we rewrote GRUB almost from scratch.

This gives us plenty of room for newer/fancier stuff.  For example GRUB 2 is
portable, and it's being ported to a number of platforms.  But we haven't
even finished exploiting the current design and we're already discussing
major changes to the GRUB core.  Isn't this something for GRUB 3 ?

Distributors want something which does the job and is first and foremost stable
and robust.

--
Robert Millan