grub-devel

Re: support for crashkernel= in 10_linux.in

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: support for crashkernel= in 10_linux.in
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:18:08 -0400

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 15:11 +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:

> Maybe - my rational was to keep recovery mode as simple as
> possible. And also in case there is a issue with the crashkernel=
> commandlinethe user is still able to use recovery mode (its pretty
> unlikely that there are problems though).

I think it a patch that could stay in the Ubuntu package for the time
being.  It makes assumptions about the kernel that are not correct in
the general case.

You may want to explore the possibility or creating a file called e.g.
05_ubuntu or 05_crashkernel that would adjust GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT
and do other Ubuntu-specific processing.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin