grub-devel

Re: Fw: gettext support

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: Fw: gettext support
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:05:45 +0200

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 09:42:17PM +0200, Javier Martín wrote:
> > msgid "Use the %C and %C keys to select which entry is highlighted."
> > msgid "Press enter to boot the selected OS, 'e' to edit the"
> > msgid "commands before booting or 'c' for a command-line."
> Actually, the first string could stand on its own just fine, but the
> second and the third should be joined.

I don't agree. This is part of a full paragraph, and the ideal string would
be just one. It's a mere coincidence that the first example msgid I wrote
ends on a full stop. A translation would possibly span to two lines, and
then you would have a problem, with the first "single" line taking one
complete line and possibly just a few columns of the second, but you wouldn't
be able to add more to the second line, as the msgid ended there.

> msgid "Use the %C and %C keys to select which entry is highlighted."
> msgstr "Utilize las teclas %C y %C para seleccionar la entrada
> resaltada."

Well, s/Utilize/Utilice/

> "Pulse Enter para iniciar el SO seleccionado, 'e' para editar la"
> "lista de comandos antes de arrancar, ó 'c' para abrir un intérprete."

s/Enter/Intro/

 ;)

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/