grub-devel

Re: Fw: gettext support

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Fw: gettext support
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:42:13 -0400

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 22:09 +0100, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> > Do we really need to localize the bootloader?  I think localization of
> > the tools should be sufficient.
>
> By the moment I translated this string (as an example):
> +"      Use the %C and %C keys to select which entry is highlighted.\n"
>
> +"      Press enter to boot the selected OS, 'e' to edit the\n"
> +"      commands before booting or 'c' for a command-line."

Actually, Colin D Bennett posted a link to a proposal to eliminate that
text.  That's the link to the screenshots:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7444286&postcount=24

There are still words to be translated, but it's significantly less text
and even it remains untranslated, it would not be as visible as it is
now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin