grub-devel

Re: how to boot Xen Dom0 in Grub2 SVN trunk

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: how to boot Xen Dom0 in Grub2 SVN trunk
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:25:27 +0200

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM, uzer cheg <address@hidden> wrote:
Pavel, patched Grub2 i386 loads Xen Dom0.

Honestly speaking it loads partially.
Now I got new error message
(XEN) elf_init: not an EL binary
Panic on CPU 0

I tried Xen 3.2.1 and Xen 3.4.

Unfortunately I do not have right CPU on my testing PC.
I think it's old Pentium without VT support.
Hope to find in google related advices and will try it.
It should be ok. Be sure to have a kernel with dom0 support. My recommendation is a kernel from git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
branch xen-tip/master
With enabled paravirtops
more details on: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

Also I will try to find something more modern than my old PC to make full test.

Anyway I have to say that previously reported error message (Early fatal page fault) gone in i386.
Thank you.