grub-devel

Extra Screen?

From: BandiPat
Subject: Extra Screen?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:18:38 -0400

Hi all,
An odd screen started to show up from build svn2235 that I had not seen before when starting my computers. Just after the Loading Grub2 & Welcome to Grub2 comments, there appears a 4 or 5 line text screen mentioning something about Bash. It only appears for a brief few seconds, then goes to the menu/bootloader screen, but I had not seen that before 2235. I'm using 2322 now with the same thing.

From what I can gather, because it appears so briefly, is that it's describing that you can use this to edit or something else about bash? Like I said, it's too brief to catch much of it. I get the feeling this has been there for a long time, but normally passed by so quickly going to the bootloader screen, nobody saw it?

Can someone enlighten me?  Should it appear or not or?

Thanks,
Pat