grub-devel

Re: how to boot Xen Dom0 in Grub2 SVN trunk

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: how to boot Xen Dom0 in Grub2 SVN trunk
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:01:22 +0200

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:44 PM, uzer cheg<address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for quick response, Vladimir.
>
> I just applied patch to grub2-r2322 and trying to build new grub2 image.
>
> It compiles fine on i386 platformbut ./configure script on amd64
> platform and MacOS X gets error message.
> Here is a part of terminal screen from MacOS X:
Thank you for reporting this problem. Tomorrow I'll look for a fix

> Anyway I'm installing now 32bit linux and will report you results soon.
>
> Vladimir, I case of successful Xen Dom0 boot I intend to repeat my
> Xserve Xen Dom0 tests.
> I tried two weeks ago to boot Xen Unstable Dom0 on EFI Xserve using
> one of the multiboot patches from May 3rd posted here.
I use xen from mercurial.

> Is the any fresh patches that I  might to try?
None. These patches were a quick coding of requested feature but
together with it came some ugliness. I was working on making clean
interfaces in this direction however since it seemed that nobody cared
it faded out of my attention