grub-devel

Re: what is the present stage of grub2 ?

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: what is the present stage of grub2 ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:32:10 -0400

J. Bakshi wrote:
Hello List,

What is the present stage of grub2 ? Is it still in the development stage as
stated in the official site ?
I am also interested to know about the graphics. I have seen google summer code
project regarding the graphical part. Is it now included in the grub2 or is it
simply possible to have the graphical part workable ?

please let me know.

Thanks

Although many people prefer to use or have a solid version number to be assured of a stable program, it's not a problem. Grub2 has been solid with SVN for a very long time and is quite usable. There are many programs being used while in active development, so it shouldn't be a worry for you to use the SVN. Many different distributions are presently using Grub2 or getting ready to move to it, as it's very stable.

It will be nice to have the graphical themes ready for inclusion, but after reading Felix's email, it appears it's possible to add it now. Grub2 is being actively development by a good group of devs, so if you have any problems or concerns, be sure to stop by here or the IRC for help!

Regards,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---