grub-devel

Re: what is the present stage of grub2 ?

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: what is the present stage of grub2 ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:56:36 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 21:09 +0530 schrieb J. Bakshi:
> Hello List,
>
> What is the present stage of grub2 ? Is it still in the development stage as
> stated in the official site ?

I recently brought the homepage up here, but nobody really cared, though
I forgot to mention this sentence in my mail, i.e. that it's still in
development.
Anyway if you use SVN trunk then it should be working fine for you.
Password and savedefault are AFAIK the only missing features from
grub-legacy.
grub2 is still actively developed but not more in development like the
homepage says.
IMO it can be used by more people.

> I am also interested to know about the graphics. I have seen google summer
> code project regarding the graphical part. Is it now included in the grub2 or
> is it simply possible to have the graphical part workable ?

No it isn't yet included.
I don't know in which state Colin's bazaar branch is.
For now you have to get his stuff yourself from his page
http://grub.gibibit.com/
--
Felix Zielcke