grub-devel

Re: insmod uhci causes computer to reset

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: insmod uhci causes computer to reset
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 15:10:53 -0400

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 20:03 +0100, Oliver Henshaw wrote:
> Even with the fixes described previously, grub fails with an UHCI
> controller (VIA uhci
> chipset on the motherboard). When no devices are attached, module
> successfully. When a mouse is attached, module loading completes but
> listing the device with
> 'usb' causes the machine to reset. If I try without 'set debug=uhci'
> then 'insmod uhci' causes
> the computer to hang.

Maybe the crash is in usb_keyboard?

I know that term/usb_keyboard.c assumes that there is exactly one USB
keyboard.  It there is no USB keyboard, the code would crash because
usbdev is NULL.  Also, the matching of the keyboard is incorrect.  It
checks the device descriptor (even that code is a hack), but not the
interface descriptor.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin