grub-devel

Re: 2273 lines in 170 files consists of only space and tabulators

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: 2273 lines in 170 files consists of only space and tabulators
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:59:28 -0400

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 03:48 +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

> As was discussed on IRC and confirmed by looking at GCS it doesn't
> specify explicitely whether empty lines whould contain spaces. We can
> use either way as long as we use it consistently. I haven't yet found
> how to install ident on gentoo. If ident removes these spaces too I
> think we should remove them too as it's easier to maintain if style is
> the same as from ident

Yes, indent removes trailing whitespace everywhere except comments.

By the way, our style is slightly different from that used by GNU
indent.  GRUB uses space after "!", whereas GNU indent doesn't.  Also,
some GRUB sources use one space before labels, and GNU indent starts
labels from the first column.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin