grub-devel

Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 11:17:59 +0200

Hello. Now I just quickly answer you questions. Will review the patch a bit later (probably still today)

2009/5/3 Javier Martín <address@hidden>
I am glad to inform that, with the new version of the mmap patch,
drivemap now boots all my hd1 installs of:
- Windows XP (Pro x64)
- ReactOS
- FreeDOS

I would suggest, however, that the return type of
grub_mmap_malign_and_register be changed to void* from char*, just like
the return type from malloc, because it's the meaningful data type to
indicate a pointer to generic memory _and_ it automatically casts to any
pointer type the caller uses (which is the reason it's used in malloc).
Ok with me. Oppositions from anyone else?

I've also added an "undo" function for install_int13_handler, as
partially required by the preboot hook interface, but I really have no
idea how to test it, so... is this implementation sensible? It just
restores the old int13 handler and frees the allocated memory.
It's what it's supposed to do. You can make a fake loader which will just return and check that (hd0) and (hd1) aren't swapped in grub2

--
-- Lazy, Oblivious, Recurrent Disaster -- Habbit