grub-devel

conditional boot and others

From: Highend-Digital Support
Subject: conditional boot and others
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:59:01 +0200

Hi,

we have booting problems which we hope to overcome using grub2.
Before we dig deeper into grub2-documentation, can we get some very
brief answers to the following questions:

1) Is it possible to configure a conditional boot as described below:

if (specific-usb-device is present)
  boot specific-usb-device
else
  boot some-default-device

If yes, than 2)
In what developing state is grub2 ?
Can it already be used for a 'normal PC'?
(one known hardware only)

Last not least there is question 3:
Is there a compatibility mode to process menu.lst files from the
currently used version?

THNX, Roger