grub-devel

zfs preview

From: Vladimir Serbinenko
Subject: zfs preview
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:14:59 +0200

hello, here is initial port of zfs from grub-solaris. It can only read file by its name. No ls or tab completition yet. Also identation and error handling in this patch is completely wrong. To choose the dataset set zfs variable. Here is an example of how I tested it:
grub> zfs=grubz/grubzfs
grub> cat (hd0)/hello
hello, grub
grub>
Such syntax is temporary and heavily restricts what you can do with different zfs filesystems (e.g. you can't cmp files on different filesystems)
I propose the following syntax for the future:
(<one of vdevs>:<fs name>)
E.g.
(hd0:grubzfs)
Any other porposition?