grub-devel

Re: Warnings when building svn2137

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Warnings when building svn2137
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:13:12 -0400

Pavel Roskin wrote:
Quoting BandiPat <address@hidden>:

Pavel Roskin wrote:

The manuals are generated from the output of the corresponding commands.
I believe your version of help2man is not working.  I'm going to fix the
makefile to prevent generation of empty manuals in that case.
Thanks Pavel.  Turns out I didn't know about help2man, so did not have
it installed.

I didn't realize we would create empty manual pages in that case! Still, my patch will fix it.

---------
Yep, creates very nice empty manuals! ;-) Anyway, if someone hasn't already, it might be a good idea to mention the help2man in your Wiki and/or the Readme within the source. Maybe something in the Wiki about the programs needed to compile Grub2 the most efficiently?

It works a treat though and now Zenwalk mirrors have it available!

Thanks again.

Oh, has anyone experienced any problems with grub-mkdevicemap when installing Grub2 or updating? I had one user complain about it segfaulting on his machine, but I've not seen any problems. This is with svn2137.

Pat