grub-devel

Re: Warnings when building svn2137

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Warnings when building svn2137
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:58:31 -0400

BandiPat wrote:
Getting these errors when building the package for Zenwalk Linux!

WARNING:  zero length file usr/include/grub/lib/datetime.h
WARNING:  usr/man/man1/grub-mkimage.1.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man1/grub-mkelfimage.1.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man1/grub-mkfont.1.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man1/grub-editenv.1.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man1/grub-mkrescue.1.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man8/grub-setup.8.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man8/grub-mkdevicemap.8.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man8/grub-probe.8.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man8/grub-install.8.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man8/grub-mkconfig.8.gz is an empty gzipped file
WARNING:  usr/man/man8/grub-dumpbios.8.gz is an empty gzipped file

Checking the files does indeed show them empty. Thanks for you help. The datetime.h warning has been happening for a while now, yet it is not an empty file, it's just reported that way at the end of the build and packaging.

Answering my own email. Seems these files have been empty for quite some time, so this is nothing new. Don't understand why suddenly one of my computers started alerting me to them, while another still does not mention them. Seems though, someone still needs to fill these manuals up so they'll have some info for the users later. :-)

The only real warning at this point is the datetime.h, as it shouldn't be showing up at all.

Thanks,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---