grub-devel

Re: [Design] nested partitions: Unify grub_partition and grub_disk

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: [Design] nested partitions: Unify grub_partition and grub_disk
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 00:15:29 +0900

On Monday 13 April 2009 23:00:37 Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:58:05PM +0200, phcoder wrote:
> > Ping. Is it ok for me to implement it this way?
>
> I'd really like it if Okuji could give his impression on this one, if
> possible.

I don't think I am the right one to ask, because I myself don't use any BSD
variant any longer. So, in short, I don't care for myself.

As partition specifications are relevant to the user, it is better to ask the
user.

(At least when I used GNU/Hurd with BSD disk slices, I preferred a, b, c to 1,
2, 3. Something called "least surprising".)

Regards,
Okuji