grub-devel

Re: stat for FreeBSD

From: Andrey Shuvikov
Subject: Re: stat for FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:51:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 4/9/09, Yoshinori K. Okuji <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Yoshinori K. Okuji <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: stat for FreeBSD
> To: "The development of GRUB 2" <address@hidden>
> Date: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 7:31 PM
> On Wednesday 08 April 2009 23:32:18
> Andrey Shuvikov wrote:
> > --- On Mon, 4/6/09, Yoshinori K. Okuji <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > > From: Yoshinori K. Okuji <address@hidden>
> > > Subject: Re: stat for FreeBSD
> > > To: "The development of GRUB 2" <address@hidden>
> > > Date: Monday, April 6, 2009, 8:35 PM

> revision to make
> > >
> > > grub-probe working on

> FreeBSD device
> > >
> > > names parsing, and

> character
> > >
> > > devices under FreeBSD.
> > >
> > > Do you have an account on Savannah? I can have
> you to check
> > > it in yourself. ;)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Okuji
> >
> > No I don't have an account. I was just trying to
> compile Grub2 under
> > FreeBSD. :-)
>
> Ok, but if you are willing to maintain the FreeBSD port, I
> think it would be
> convenient for you to have an account, otherwise you will
> have to wait for
> someone else to pick up your patch and check it in instead
> of you all the
> time. It's up to you.

I'm an expert in neither FreeBSD nor Grub, I just wanted to dual-boot FreeBSD
to play with it. :-) And frankly I don't know how much time I can devote to it.
But I can try. I'm on vacation for the next two weeks anyway and if nobody
picks up the patch until then I can check it in myself. What's involved in
creating an account?

Thanks,
Andrey