grub-devel

Re: GRUB2 - Please add support for 64-bit FreeBSD

From: Joey Korkames
Subject: Re: GRUB2 - Please add support for 64-bit FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:30:37 -0700

I can test any patches with FBSD6/7/i386/amd64/pxe/xen/etc. I don't have a grub-gdb setup yet, but I probably should build one anyways.

Building a git-svn mirror of fbsd-base would be resource intensive to say the least ;-) (It has been done on a few private systems)

joey

 phcoder writes:

You can use git with svn backend.
Your info helps, I'll have a look at the issue. Depending on how much work is needed it may be desirable to copy the code from bsd loader. as it's under bsd-licence it's gpl-compatible. Could just the maintainers confirm that it's ok to include some chunks of this code? Alternatively it may be that actually it needs only minor adjustments to the load code
Joey Korkames wrote:
phcoder writes:

Hello, could you do a research and tell me which binary format does bsd64 use, the handoff CPU and the arguments on the stack?

*planes fly over my head*

Does this help?
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=114379

I got that from looking over the svn log for FBSD-HEAD:/boot/loader:
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/sys/boot/i386/loader/main.c?view=log
Gosh, I wish there was a git mirror of freebsd-base...