grub-devel

Re: Grub2 svn2059

From: Andreas Born
Subject: Re: Grub2 svn2059
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 17:01:56 +0200

BandiPat wrote:
phcoder wrote:

    Have you re-run grub-setup?

------
No, I've never run grub-setup after an install, only grub-install & grub-mkconfig. What will that program do? I tried to read the man page, but it gave me an error.
It's invoked by grub-install to do the actual installation of the
bootloader. Basically it installs an image generated by grub-mkimage.
grub-install just tries to automate all this stuff.
So in fact you run grub-setup.

Andreas