grub-devel

Re: Grub2 svn2059

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Grub2 svn2059
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:09:34 -0400

Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
On Saturday 04 April 2009 04:02:18 BandiPat wrote:
Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
On Friday 03 April 2009 14:17:04 step21 wrote:
Hey, just a wild guess, but I think boot.mod got dropped and the boot
command is now included in minicmd.mod
Yes, it seems so. And, it is a mistake that boot and some other commands
are not built into the kernel. We must reduce modules, and let them back
to the kernel.

Regards,
Okuji
-----------
In the meantime, how do we get the new svn to work then?  Is there some
trick or something in the compile we need to do?  Presently I'm using
svn2031 successfully.

I guess you just have some outdated files. As "make" depends on timestamps, checking out from any kind of version control system can confuse "make". Try "make clean all".

Regards,
Okuji
No, no outdated files. I download svn fresh and build from the fresh download. I build a package for Zenwalk, so it's easily installed or removed. There is never any need to "make clean all" due to the fact I'm not using the same unarchived directory.

I normally remove grub from the system before installing the new, so that no old files are left behind. From what I can see from testing, there is a bug in 2059. What that is, I'm afraid I don't know, but am hoping you guys will clear it up soon.

thanks,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---