grub-devel

Re: Grub2 svn2059

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Grub2 svn2059
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:02:18 -0400

Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
On Friday 03 April 2009 14:17:04 step21 wrote:
Hey, just a wild guess, but I think boot.mod got dropped and the boot
command is now included in minicmd.mod

Yes, it seems so. And, it is a mistake that boot and some other commands are not built into the kernel. We must reduce modules, and let them back to the kernel.

Regards,
Okuji
In the meantime, how do we get the new svn to work then? Is there some trick or something in the compile we need to do? Presently I'm using svn2031 successfully.

Thanks
Pat