grub-devel

Re: Grub2 svn2059

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Grub2 svn2059
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:47:46 -0400

step21 wrote:
yes, it probably should. i know that when creating an efi image for an
efi based system with grub-mkimage you specify the modules, so it gets
specified there, on a bios system I'm not sure. I don't think a
symlink is the right solution.Did you run autogen.sh after updating?
What might also work is to re-check out grub to a seperate directory,
and try if that works.

Shouldn't the autogen.sh be run during the build? How do you mean re-check out grub to a separate directory? Just drop it in another unrelated directory and use the commands to run it testing the setup. Sorry don't remember exactly the commands right now, but I've got that somewhere in notes. :-)

I guess when it goes into rescue mode, I could "insmod minicmd.mod" to test as well?

Thanks for your patience & help.

Pat