grub-devel

Re: grub-mkimage

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: grub-mkimage
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:40:31 -0400

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 12:26 -0400, Rev. Mr. Gary Meerschaert wrote:
> I am getting an error from grub-mkimage. The error is:
>
> grub-mkimage: error: diskboot.img is not one sector size
>
> Does anyone know how I can get this fixed? I am a newbee with grub
> internals, and I don't have a clue as to ho to size the progam.

First of all, please specify the version of GRUB.  I suggest that you
use the current code from Subversion.  I cannot reproduce your problem
with the current code.

Then check if the problem is in grub-mkimage or in diskboot.img.  If
diskboot.img is 512 bytes long, then grub-mkimage is wrong.  If
diskboot.img is not 512 bytes long, then the problem is in diskboot.img.

In any case, please describe your environment, such as the compiler
version, the arguments to the configure script and whatever else may be
needed for others to reproduce your problem.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin