grub-devel

[Design] nested partitions: Unify grub_partition and grub_disk

From: phcoder
Subject: [Design] nested partitions: Unify grub_partition and grub_disk
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 15:58:46 +0100

Hello. I was looking into nested partitions issue and propose to unify grub_partition and grub_disk. In this case when a code calls grub_disk_read with a grub_disk_t which represents a partition it will correct the offset and call grub_disk_read with underlying partition or disk. In this way not only nested partitions become natural but also conceptually similar fields of total_sectors and len become unified. As it's an important design change I send this e-mail before coding it
--

Regards
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko