grub-devel

Re: A _good_ and valid use for TPM

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: A _good_ and valid use for TPM
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:59:11 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 02:12:01PM +0200, Michael Gorven wrote:

> Yes, I agree that there should be multiple methods, but I don't see why the
> TPM module shouldn't be in the main trunk. It wouldn't be forced on GRUB
> users in any way -- we would just be giving them the option to use it.

GRUB is free software.  You can do anything you want with it.  We can't really
force our users to either use TPMs or not to use them.

However, we can choose not to endorse a feature if we think it's ill-intended.
We can also try to raise awareness of the problem, which is what I'm doing
right now.

--
Robert Millan