grub-devel

Re: A _good_ and valid use for TPM

From: Jan Alsenz
Subject: Re: A _good_ and valid use for TPM
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:31:27 +0100

I agree too!

Multiple methods are interesting and everything that can be, should be placed in
 modules.
But some parts of a trusted boot chain need to be in the MBR, etc. which is
mainline code (regardless of how how you build it).

The way I have implemented my version of the MBR right now is with compile
flags:
If you don't want/need TPM code it won't be on your system! If you compile it
with TPM support, it won't boot if there is no TPM (I don't like silent
failures).

Greets,

Jan