grub-devel

Install scripts?

From: BandiPat
Subject: Install scripts?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:29:54 -0500

I'm hoping maybe one of you guys have written or know of something written from a ncurses point of view. A script that is interactive when installing a Linux distro with Grub2? Something that queries the user which is the boot partition or where to install Grub2 to the MBR, etc. Hopefully, I'm making myself clear.

I think I may have the lead dev for Zenwalk convinced Grub2 is ready to replace LILO! Here is an excerpt from his email.
quote:
Before this package can be moved to extra, and probably to ISO for
Zenwalk 6.2, here's the task list :

- add a script that does everything automatic (for the setup) , with
a choice (dialog) for the location of the boot loader (/dev/sda...).
With this script, the user only have to provide the target for the
boot loader, nothing else
- Add the Zenwalk theme (nothing has to be done by the user about
this)

Any thoughts or suggestions where someone is already using something like that?

Thanks!
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---