grub-devel

Re: gettext patch (beta)

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: gettext patch (beta)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:58:10 -0500

Robert Millan wrote:

+#: util/grub.d/10_linux.in:148
+#, sh-format
+msgid "${OS}, linux ${version} (single-user mode)"
+msgstr "${OS}, linux ${version} (mode mono-usuari)"

I wonder if we should replace the original string "single-user mode" with
something else.  Novice users find it confusing, since they may assume
"single-user mode" is the normal mode for them (a single user) to use
the computer.
Thanks for mentioning this Robert, as I could see it being somewhat confusing to new users of Grub2 without some research. I've written a piece in the Zenwalk WIKI to explain the use and reason it's added in a basic grub.cfg. It may indeed be a good idea though to change it to something more descriptive of what function it performs and that is to only boot to runlevel 1 of the system. I think that's right, isn't it?

Regards,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---