grub-devel

Re: grub.efi x86_64 on Apple 64bit efi models - status of testing

From: Michael Scherer
Subject: Re: grub.efi x86_64 on Apple 64bit efi models - status of testing
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:33:36 +0100

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:07, Robert Millan a écrit :

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:56:42PM +0100, Michal Suchanek wrote:
So usb_keyboard is not loaded
automatically or is it?

No. First we need it to be complete / stable and add support for EHCI
(btw, anyone feels like writing an EHCI driver?).

Is EHCi driver needed for keyboard support?

I was under the impression that keyboards always appear connected to
the low-full speed root hub, not the hihg-speed one.

This would change things.  Can someone confirm?

Using system-profiler, it show me that the webcam is connected on a High speed usb bus, and not the
keyboard :

USB Bus:

      Host Controller Location: Built In USB
      Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBUHCI
      PCI Device ID: 0x27c8
      PCI Revision ID: 0x0002
      PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
      Bus Number: 0x1d

        Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad:

          Product ID: 0x021b
          Vendor ID: 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.)
          Version: 0.18
          Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
          Manufacturer: Apple Computer
          Location ID: 0x1d200000
          Current Available (mA): 500
          Current Required (mA): 40

this make sense, as a high speed bus is not really needed for a keyboard, I guess.

--
Michael Scherer