grub-devel

Re: [Bugfix] Hang on new mac laptops

From: step21
Subject: Re: [Bugfix] Hang on new mac laptops
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:02:27 +0100

I made an *.efi with a few modules (for convenience and cause the minimal build somehow didn't want to load anything, but that could have been me) Then I loaded at_keyboard with "insmod at_keyboard" that worked. Then when I do "terminal_input at_keyboard" it doesn't give me a new prompt and seems to "hang".
How to further debug this? What is expected behaviour?

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 08:56:28AM +0100, phcoder wrote:
> -      status = efi_call_3 (b->wait_for_event, 1, &(i->wait_for_key), &index);
> -      if (status != GRUB_EFI_SUCCESS)
> -        return -1;
> +      /* Don't use wait_for_event it's known
> +      to cause hangs on some mac models */
> +      grub_millisleep (10);

I'm fine with the workaround, but please could you check if at_keyboard.mod
works there?  It's not the first time we have trouble due to buggy keyboard
drivers, I'd be very happy if we could avoid more of the same.

 insmod at_keyboard
 terminal_input at_keyboard

--
Robert Millan