grub-devel

Re: trouble about trusted grub, help me please!!!

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: trouble about trusted grub, help me please!!!
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:52:18 +0100

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:09:10PM +0800, 洪鱼儿 wrote:
> hi,   I am trying to make trusted grub work (refer to
> http://trousers.sourceforge.net/grub.html) in my linux system with kernel
> 2.6.27.10 and TPM chip 1.2, but i failed. What i had done is the following:

Hi,

We don't support Treacherous Computing because it's against the ideals of
freedom we are trying to defend.  You should know that this "TPM chip" you're
trying to get working is in fact purposely designed so that you can make your
whole OS stack treacherous and prove to others that it has been setup this way.

If you want to learn more about Treacherous Computing and why we object to it,
please see:

  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

--
Robert Millan