grub-devel

Re: Building a steady release cycle

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Building a steady release cycle
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:07:10 +0200

Jerone Young wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>         I wanted to start up a discussion on building a steady release
> cycle. Many distros are now looking for some stability from Grub 2 as they
> are looking to include it in future releases. I was recently at the Ubuntu
> Developer Summit in December discussing the possibility of including grub 2
> in future releases. One of the big concerns was that there was not a steady
> release policy working up to 2.0.

I think it would be best to organize a release team which would then
plan and explode release to tasks so people could grab one and develop
them. Of course there should be some "backup" people that features
really do get developed.

Perhaps bi-weekly status checks would be a good idea to keep up with
status of every feature.

I can volunteer to be part of such team if decided to be started.

Also this work should be visible so it would be easy for others to tag
alone and help to develop missing features and to submit patches.