grub-devel

Re: [OT] made a blog post about grub 1.96+20080724

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: [OT] made a blog post about grub 1.96+20080724
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:20:42 -0500

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 18:40 +0530, shirish wrote:
> Hi all,
>  Made it to the level I could understand
>
> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2008/11/19/jaunty-and-grub2/#more-269
>
> There are 2 issues though which I hope came out as well :-
>
> a. There is absolute lack of documentation about how and what a user
> is supposed to do.
> b. This should not be how an end-user should be doing this. I hope
> there is an emergence of a single or multiple GUI tools which lets
> end-users touch the /etc/init.d/grub and /etc/default/grub files and
> update the boot-loader.
>
> Suggestions, improvements are invited :)

I believe blog posts are not supposed to be reviewed and refined,
especially by the developers.  Their time would be better spent on
writing documentation and improving the code.

If you want to participate in the documentation efforts, I suggest that
you have a look at the GRUB wiki: http://grub.enbug.org/

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin