grub-devel

the order of the modules when create core image

From: yue315012-grub2
Subject: the order of the modules when create core image
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:22:19 +0800 (CST)

Hi, all,
I don't know which mail list should I send this question to, so I send to here. Hope somebody will help me.
I create a MD raid0 in my VirtualBox that has two virtual disks (I create the Virtual PC according to my old PC.) Each disk has 2 partitions, one for raid, one for swap. no LVM on the raid0. and I want to use grub2 on it.
I got the src from svn 2008-11-11. and compiled it successfully. But when I install it with
grub-install --modules=mdraid /dev/hda, the grub2 can't enter into normal mode. With ls command, it don't show the md1 device.
So I changed the module order in grub-install when create core image, move the $module to after biosdisk, and install again, the it shows the md1device.
I think that I made the change in the grub-install is not a good idea, I want to know whether there is a better way to change the order of the modules when create or load the core.img.

BTW, how to debug the main.c in kern directory? If use grub-dprintf, I can't see all the debug info because the text scrolls too fast. Do you have better method?

Thanks

From Cola

好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!