grub-devel

Re: grub.elf? As in "How do I create that?"

From: Gregg Levine
Subject: Re: grub.elf? As in "How do I create that?"
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:05:24 -0500

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:20:01AM -0500, Gregg C Levine wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I just managed to download the current subversion contents of what everyone
>> is working on. The Grub2 trunk built perfectly, and with no complaints.
>>
>> On the CoreBoot list there is news that the payloads of libpayload for
>> example can be booted via Grub2, and indeed an example is given. It shows
>> the booting of Grub2 booting this payload. It also shows the sequence of
>> events to boot grub.elf via the command line for Grub-Legacy.
>>
>> So, "How do I create that?".
>
> Already replied on coreboot list :-)
>
>> Of course I can cross post this to the help list if it is more appropriate.
>
> Crossing grub-devel with other lists doesn't generally work well.  People tend
> to complain that they can't post since they haven't subscribed.
>
> --
> Robert Millan

Hello!
You did reply on the coreboot list, however I am still working out how
to build the grub.elf kernel.

First I need to know how to translate the kernel.img file into
kernel.elf since there is a kernel.img file but not a kernel.elf one.

-----
Gregg C Levine address@hidden
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."