grub-devel

Re: USB support

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: USB support
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:21:39 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2008, 06:17 -0800 schrieb Viswesh S:
> Hi,
>
> Is the USB support for grub2 completed or still in progress ?
>
> Is it possible to know,if incomplete, till what level we have reached ?

Hello,

Only UHCI controllers are supported, OHCI not.
UHCI is mostly used on Intel and VIA boards and OHCI on the others.
If you want to try it, there's a wiki page for it:

http://grub.enbug.org/USBSupport

Because I have an OHCI controller I can't tell you how good it works on
real hardware.

--
Felix Zielcke