grub-devel

Re: too many commands, "help" output rolls of screen

From: Matt Sturgeon
Subject: Re: too many commands, "help" output rolls of screen
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:01:28 +0000

y don't we just ad a scroll bar, like on the menu?

ie. you use the up/down keys to hilite a line, when you hilite the prompt you can enter commands, the scrollbar tells you ware you are on the page.

This is another instance ware mouse support would be useful: you could use the scrollbar directly (by clicking on it), and you could also have a close button on the top of the terminal to return you to the menu without having to type exit. sorry the close button is abit off topic.

2008/11/2 Jordi Mallach <address@hidden>
On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 01:46:10PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > output will roll off the standard sized console. Please remove some
> > commands so there aren't so many that they roll off the screen.
> 'set pager=1' solves this.  Btw, should we make it the default?

totally, this is very annoying by default. :)

--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/