grub-devel

Re: say how to get out of grub-emu

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: say how to get out of grub-emu
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:31:12 -0400

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 03:08 +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> On the grub-emu man page please mention the only way to get back out
> of grub-emu is to use its "reboot" command, adding that it will return
> you to the shell and not really reboot.

It's not true.  The "exit" command in the rescue mode would exit as
well.

I believe it's the case where the code should be fixed, not the
documentation.  We need to have the "exit" command in normal mode (it
already exists in the rescue mode) in grub-emu and on architectures
where it's possible to exit from the bootloader and return control back
to the firmware.

I also think that the "reboot" command in grub-emu should restart
grub-emu.  That would be a better emulation of the "reboot" command than
exiting.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin