grub-devel

too many commands, "help" output rolls of screen

From: jidanni
Subject: too many commands, "help" output rolls of screen
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 03:10:22 +0800

The top two lines of
grub> help
output will roll off the standard sized console. Please remove some
commands so there aren't so many that they roll off the screen.

Actually just please use more columns on some of the help lines. (Yes,
TAB reveals the missing commands.)

P.S., What if I forget my password and I cannot login to my machine?
The best I can do is
grub> cat (hd0,1)/etc/passwd
How can I edit it to zero out the :x: field?
Could you supply ed(1) in the commands perhaps?

[This message was sent to the wrong list due to the wrong address on
man pages. Now reposting to grub-devel.]