grub-devel

Re: [RFC] DISTLIST and gendistlist.sh

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [RFC] DISTLIST and gendistlist.sh
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:09:48 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2008, 00:32 +0200 schrieb Robert Millan:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 12:02:30AM +0200, Felix Zielcke wrote:
> > There seems to be now a increased git interest floating around ;)
>
> Gah, no that was just me porting a program to Multiboot, which happened to
> be hosted on git ;-)

Ah well I even forgot that the old method would get never lost thanks to
VCS.

> > So I think just ditching the old method completely and just depending on
> > SVN wouldn't be that great for the long term future.
>
> I don't mind either way myself.  But it'd be cool if we can settle on
> something so we can start auto-generating DISTLIST via autogen.sh ;-)

Ok Marco said now on IRC that depending on SVN is okay.
So attached patch is my proposal.

Removing DISTLIST and gendistlist.sh completely and replace it with a
genreleasetarball.sh script.
make distdir doestn't seem that useful for me but shouldn't be difficult
to change that in case someone wants to have it.
Only difference is docs/mdate-sh now actually gets into the .tar.gz.
Though I wonder why it's there, it's nowhere used and I don't think it's
that usefull so I suggest to remove it completely.