grub-devel

[RFC] halt --no-apm

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [RFC] halt --no-apm
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:11:06 +0200

Hi,

I'm confused as to what "halt --no-apm" could be useful for.  The code in
startup.S seems to check for APM before using it.  Is there any reason why
users would want an infin loop even when power-off is possible?

Unfortunately it makes grub_halt() and all the code surrounding it less
portable, and for example it prevents unification of grub-emu declarations
in *.rmk.

If we really want to support "halt" as a command to bring GRUB to infin
loop, why not make this generic and support the same on all implementations
of grub_halt() ?

--
Robert Millan